Tuesday, October 21, 2014


The image above is a photo that I took on a weekend trip with my husband. He and I love traveling and photographing scenery. We were both born and raised in Hot Springs, AR, which is where we met and were recently married. Photography is an interest that we shared early on in our relationship and something we still share today. I have an interest in 35mm and 120 film photography and he enjoys using instant films, such as Polaroid. My love for film was derived when I took a photography class seven years ago, which allowed me to work in a darkroom for the first time. The process of shooting and developing my own 35mm film was an experience that I knew could never be replaced by digital photography. Although I don't currently have access to a darkroom, I still take photographs on 35mm and 120 film. Fortunately, I can still get my film developed at a local business in Hot Springs.

Besides photography, I also have an affection for reading and writing. I enjoy reading all kinds of literature including novels, short stories, and poetry. I have recently started writing my own poetry and hope to eventually write short stories and novels. The inspiration that I have gained from reading literature has given me the hope that I can also be an inspiration. I want to be an inspiration not only through writing, but also through teaching, which is why I am majoring in English. As a high school English teacher, I hope to be an inspiration by encouraging young adults to read literature. 

My intentions for creating this blog are to integrate my interests and to inspire others who have an interest in photography and literature. Below are some links to blogs that are similar to what I want to recreate.

6 comments:

  1. I love how you made your Intro to your Blog and you wrap around your interest to travel. It adds great effect to your blog especially since the blog is told like a travel story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is amazing! I used to always want a super nice camera in order to take pictures but then I got an iPhone.. haha but maybe I will sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you began with a picture, which is beautiful by the way. I don't travel much, so I hope your blog could give me a little more insight on new places. While photography is not a hobby of mine, I look forward to seeing the beautiful pictures you incorporate to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obviously we have already established that we pretty much have the same interests! Lol. But I love photography too. I finally got a nice camera when I found out I was pregnant and I think my poor little girl will probably have vision problems by the time she's in Kindergarten because of how many times she's been in front of the flash! Haha. Love your blog and am looking forward to seeing what else you post about! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love photography and I think your work is amazing! Hopefully one day will be able to do the same!

    ReplyDelete