Tuesday, October 21, 2014


Like most young adults, I am guilty of having an Instagram, which I check numerously everyday of the week. The article above talks about something that I think most of us Instagram users can relate to: "Instagram envy." I have to admit that I experience "Instagram envy" rather frequently. Having the capability to follow people that travel, eat good, dress well, and are more attractive, can stir up jealousy. Seeing these images routinely will eventually make you compare yourself to the people you follow on Instagram. It's possible that one could even obtain a false sense of reality by viewing others "picture perfect" lives. But, as said by Ms. Fink, a woman interviewed in the article, "the intent is not to inspire envy, but simply, to inspire," which is an important thing to remember as an Instagram user.

1 comment:

  1. I find myself following people who have "picture perfect" lives too. My feed is full of professional photographers and travelers, and I often wish I had their lives instead of appreciating my own. Great quote!

    ReplyDelete